- special offers
- Featured Products
- active clearing®
- age smart ®
- powerBright TRx™
- body therapy
- clear start
- daylight defense ™
- eye treatments
- serums and boosters
- skin kits
- travel sizes
- Acne and breakouts
- Dryness and dehydration
- Sensitivity or redness
- Signs of skin ageing
- Uneven skin tone
- Kerastase-Paris BLOND ABSOLU Best for: Blonde Hair
- Kerastase-Paris GENESIS Best for: Forifying broken hair
- Kerastase-Paris NUTRITIVE Best for: Nourishing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris REFLECTION Best for: Radiance and Colour Care
- Kerastase-Paris RESISTANCE Best for: Strengthening
- Kerastase-Paris ELIXIR ULTIME Best for: Long Lasting Shine
- Kerastase-Paris DISCIPLINE Best for: Smoothing Frizzy Hair
- Kerastase-Paris DENSIFIQUE Best for: Boosting and Thickening Hair
- Kerastase-Paris SPECIFIQUE Best for: Cleansing and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris AURA BOTANICA Best for: Glowing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris FUSIO SCRUB Best for: Self Care and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris CURL MANIFESTO Best for: Curly Hair
- Jane Iredale make-up
- Skin Nutrition - ANP
- Vita Liberata Self Tanning
- Gift vouchers
Recently viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
Kérastase-Paris - Are you washing your hair right?
Are you washing your hair right?
We know what you’re probably thinking – “How can I be washing my hair wrong?” After all, you’ve only been doing it for years! But you might be surprised to learn that the wrong technique can lead to damage or even leave your hair looking greasy. Pretty ironic, huh? From the temperature of the water to how often you shampoo, here’s how to make the most of your cleansing ritual.
Find the right shampoo
Each of the ranges are specially formulated to tackle specific concerns whilst providing effective gentle cleansing action. For example, those with fine hair that lacks volume might want to try the Densifique range. Nutritive and Resistance ranges can help to nourish and repair dry, brittle strands respectively, whilst those with unruly curly hair might want to opt for the anti-frizz, smoothing action of the Discipline line. And if you prefer your hair care as natural as possible, look no further than our Aura Botanica line which is formulated with up to 97% of natural origin ingredients.
How to wash your hair the right way
Now that you’ve found the right shampoo, it’s time to take a closer look at your technique.
Here are some ways you can improve your hair washing technique:
- Remember to lather twice: once to cleanse and a second time to treat and nourish.
- Use warm water to open the hair cuticle and rinse with cold water to seal the cuticle and avoid frizz.
- Don’t forget to massage: massaging your scalp in circular motions can stimulate circulation and leave it feeling refreshed.
Add the finishing touches.
The steps you take after shampooing also play a big role in keeping your hair healthy and radiant.:
To maximise results in addressing your specific hair concern, we recommend using products from the same range
Choose the right conditioner for your hair concerns.
When drying avoid rubbing which can lead to breakage and split ends, gently patting your hair dry instead. Last but not least - always use a thermo-protector if using heat for styling.
It’s that simple! Hair washing, done like a pro.