- special offers
- Featured Products
- active clearing®
- age smart ®
- powerBright TRx™
- body therapy
- clear start
- daylight defense ™
- eye treatments
- serums and boosters
- skin kits
- travel sizes
- Acne and breakouts
- Dryness and dehydration
- Sensitivity or redness
- Signs of skin ageing
- Uneven skin tone
- Kerastase-Paris BLOND ABSOLU Best for: Blonde Hair
- Kerastase-Paris GENESIS Best for: Forifying broken hair
- Kerastase-Paris NUTRITIVE Best for: Nourishing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris REFLECTION Best for: Radiance and Colour Care
- Kerastase-Paris RESISTANCE Best for: Strengthening
- Kerastase-Paris ELIXIR ULTIME Best for: Long Lasting Shine
- Kerastase-Paris DISCIPLINE Best for: Smoothing Frizzy Hair
- Kerastase-Paris DENSIFIQUE Best for: Boosting and Thickening Hair
- Kerastase-Paris SPECIFIQUE Best for: Cleansing and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris AURA BOTANICA Best for: Glowing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris FUSIO SCRUB Best for: Self Care and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris CURL MANIFESTO Best for: Curly Hair
- Jane Iredale make-up
- Skin Nutrition - ANP
- Vita Liberata Self Tanning
- Gift vouchers
Recently viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
what you need to know about cold weather and skin
Are you suffering with that winter itch, the kind where you want to just scratch your skin off?! The skin becomes dry and irritated as we face wind, central heating and low humidity.
The harsh weather can strip the skin’s natural protective barrier, creating gaps in the outer most layer, allowing water to escape (dehydration) and irritants to get in (sensitivity). The dry environment may be responsible for the itchy sensations, as the inflammatory response kicks in and releases histamines. It can exacerbate inflammatory skin diseases such as rosacea, eczema, ichthyosis, and psoriasis, which suffer an impaired barrier function. Just like the eyelids, the skin on the lips is extra thin and sensitive, which can suffer greatly during the harsh winters, resulting in dry cracked, sore lips.
The winter dryness looks bleak, but what can we do to alleviate these symptoms? Try these handy tips and products:
Supplement with a hydrating serum or masque that includes a high dose of Hyaluronic Acid (which holds 1000 x its own weight in water).
Target sensitised skin with calming complexes such as oats, Ginger and Red Hogweed, which reduce those uncomfortable sensations.
Treat skin while you sleep with a peptide serum rich in Argan Oil that provides fatty acids, plant sterols, Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid to reinforce the barrier lipid layer.
Reduce the temperature of your bath and shower, use bath oils, and apply body moisturiser immediately after your shower (within 3 minutes).
Do not over bathe, over strip, and be too harsh with the skin. Treat it gently and with respect!
Avoid licking lips, as digestive enzymes and bacteria in saliva can damage the lips. Use a nourishing lip balm with Shea Butter and Avocado.