- special offers
- Featured Products
- active clearing®
- age smart ®
- powerBright TRx™
- body therapy
- clear start
- daylight defense ™
- eye treatments
- serums and boosters
- skin kits
- travel sizes
- Acne and breakouts
- Dryness and dehydration
- Sensitivity or redness
- Signs of skin ageing
- Uneven skin tone
- Kerastase-Paris BLOND ABSOLU Best for: Blonde Hair
- Kerastase-Paris GENESIS Best for: Forifying broken hair
- Kerastase-Paris NUTRITIVE Best for: Nourishing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris REFLECTION Best for: Radiance and Colour Care
- Kerastase-Paris RESISTANCE Best for: Strengthening
- Kerastase-Paris ELIXIR ULTIME Best for: Long Lasting Shine
- Kerastase-Paris DISCIPLINE Best for: Smoothing Frizzy Hair
- Kerastase-Paris DENSIFIQUE Best for: Boosting and Thickening Hair
- Kerastase-Paris SPECIFIQUE Best for: Cleansing and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris AURA BOTANICA Best for: Glowing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris FUSIO SCRUB Best for: Self Care and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris CURL MANIFESTO Best for: Curly Hair
- Jane Iredale make-up
- Skin Nutrition - ANP
- Vita Liberata Self Tanning
- Gift vouchers
Recently viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
what is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is powerful stuff. But don’t let the word “acid” fool you. This gel-like water-holding molecule is a moisture-binding ingredient that helps keep skin plump and hydrated. And, it’s actually something our bodies naturally produce.
Hyaluronic Acid helps retain over 1000 times its weight in water within the cells of skin, making it an excellent moisturiser.
Scientific studies have shown that Hyaluronic Acid helps improve skin hydration and production of collagen, fight free radicals, maintain skin elasticity, and even has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help with wound healing. Yes, please!
So why do we need more if our bodies already produce it?
Well, the average human body contains about 15 grams of Hyaluronic Acid. However, one third of that gets degraded and synthesised on a daily basis. We also produce less and less as we age. So we want more, which is why many anti-ageing products contain Hyaluronic Acid. Plastic surgeons often inject Hyaluronic Acid into sunken areas of skin to plump it up, but you don’t need to get injections to reap its benefits. Just choose a serum or moisturiser that contains Hyaluronic Acid (also commonly listed as Sodium Hyaluronate) for softer, smoother, more hydrated skin.