- special offers
- Featured Products
- active clearing®
- age smart ®
- powerBright TRx™
- body therapy
- clear start
- daylight defense ™
- eye treatments
- serums and boosters
- skin kits
- travel sizes
- Acne and breakouts
- Dryness and dehydration
- Sensitivity or redness
- Signs of skin ageing
- Uneven skin tone
- Kerastase-Paris BLOND ABSOLU Best for: Blonde Hair
- Kerastase-Paris GENESIS Best for: Forifying broken hair
- Kerastase-Paris NUTRITIVE Best for: Nourishing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris REFLECTION Best for: Radiance and Colour Care
- Kerastase-Paris RESISTANCE Best for: Strengthening
- Kerastase-Paris ELIXIR ULTIME Best for: Long Lasting Shine
- Kerastase-Paris DISCIPLINE Best for: Smoothing Frizzy Hair
- Kerastase-Paris DENSIFIQUE Best for: Boosting and Thickening Hair
- Kerastase-Paris SPECIFIQUE Best for: Cleansing and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris AURA BOTANICA Best for: Glowing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris FUSIO SCRUB Best for: Self Care and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris CURL MANIFESTO Best for: Curly Hair
- Jane Iredale make-up
- Skin Nutrition - ANP
- Vita Liberata Self Tanning
- Gift vouchers
Recently viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
exfoliation - how much is too much?
Exfoliation delivers a tighter, firmer, smoother look and feel of skin. Because of this result, many fall into the trap of over-exfoliation: an over-zealous approach that can actually reduce skin’s vitality and make it more susceptible to damage from UV light.
Over-exfoliation triggers the inflammatory response, leading to a compromised lipid barrier that won’t function properly, a sensitized skin condition, and accelerated premature ageing.
Tell-tale signs of over-exfoliated skin include:
• noticeable dehydration
• patchy areas of dryness
• skin tautness
• redness and itchiness
• increased sensitivity
• inflammatory acne and irritation
If you’re showing the signs of over-exfoliation, speak with one of our professional skin therapists, who will most likely prescribe a calming cleanser and toner, and a protective moisturiser to start the recovery process. Sun protection is a must: wear a sunscreen with physical UV blockers Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide that won’t irritate skin.
After skin recovery, begin exfoliating with a gentle exfoliant designed for daily use. If you desire a more intense level of exfoliation, look to non-abrasive exfoliants containing chemicals like Salicylic or Lactic Acid. Pair a more gentle regimen with professional exfoliation treatments to enjoy smoother skin without the undesirable side effects.