- special offers
- Featured Products
- active clearing®
- age smart ®
- powerBright TRx™
- body therapy
- clear start
- daylight defense ™
- eye treatments
- serums and boosters
- skin kits
- travel sizes
- Acne and breakouts
- Dryness and dehydration
- Sensitivity or redness
- Signs of skin ageing
- Uneven skin tone
- Kerastase-Paris BLOND ABSOLU Best for: Blonde Hair
- Kerastase-Paris GENESIS Best for: Forifying broken hair
- Kerastase-Paris NUTRITIVE Best for: Nourishing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris REFLECTION Best for: Radiance and Colour Care
- Kerastase-Paris RESISTANCE Best for: Strengthening
- Kerastase-Paris ELIXIR ULTIME Best for: Long Lasting Shine
- Kerastase-Paris DISCIPLINE Best for: Smoothing Frizzy Hair
- Kerastase-Paris DENSIFIQUE Best for: Boosting and Thickening Hair
- Kerastase-Paris SPECIFIQUE Best for: Cleansing and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris AURA BOTANICA Best for: Glowing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris FUSIO SCRUB Best for: Self Care and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris CURL MANIFESTO Best for: Curly Hair
- Jane Iredale make-up
- Skin Nutrition - ANP
- Vita Liberata Self Tanning
- Gift vouchers
Recently viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
do skin care products expire?
according to dermalogica skin care experts, yes!
OK, so why don't a lot of skin care products have expiration dates? That's because, in the USA, expiration dates are only required on over-the-counter (OTC) drug products, i.e., acne treatments or sunscreens. (For our European friends: Products deemed OTC drugs in the USA may only be considered "cosmetics" in the European Union.) Also, expiration dates only indicate when the active ingredients in the formula are likely to expire; the product might still perform otherwise.
"If a sunscreen expires, there is a chance it is still good for another year," says Dr. Diana Howard, Vice President of Research and Development for Dermalogica. "But just like prescription drugs, a pharmacist would tell you to toss them. Once you reach that date there is no guarantee that the level of activity is still present. The only way to truly know whether your product is still guaranteed effective for its intended use is to test it in a lab."
Of course, you probably don't have a lab at your disposal, which is why we put together this handy guide for Dermalogica products. Use it to go through your skin care regimen annually, toss formulas that no longer guaranteed effective and replenish your favorites. To extend the life of your products for as long as possible, store them in a cool place out of direct sunlight and heat.