- special offers
- Featured Products
- active clearing®
- age smart ®
- powerBright TRx™
- body therapy
- clear start
- daylight defense ™
- eye treatments
- serums and boosters
- skin kits
- travel sizes
- Acne and breakouts
- Dryness and dehydration
- Sensitivity or redness
- Signs of skin ageing
- Uneven skin tone
- Kerastase-Paris BLOND ABSOLU Best for: Blonde Hair
- Kerastase-Paris GENESIS Best for: Forifying broken hair
- Kerastase-Paris NUTRITIVE Best for: Nourishing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris REFLECTION Best for: Radiance and Colour Care
- Kerastase-Paris RESISTANCE Best for: Strengthening
- Kerastase-Paris ELIXIR ULTIME Best for: Long Lasting Shine
- Kerastase-Paris DISCIPLINE Best for: Smoothing Frizzy Hair
- Kerastase-Paris DENSIFIQUE Best for: Boosting and Thickening Hair
- Kerastase-Paris SPECIFIQUE Best for: Cleansing and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris AURA BOTANICA Best for: Glowing Hair
- Kerastase-Paris FUSIO SCRUB Best for: Self Care and Soothing
- Kerastase-Paris CURL MANIFESTO Best for: Curly Hair
- Jane Iredale make-up
- Skin Nutrition - ANP
- Vita Liberata Self Tanning
- Gift vouchers
Recently viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
activated charcoal: the ultimate remedy for dull skin
What is Activated Charcoal, and why is it so effective in skin care? This powerful detoxifying ingredient is much more than it seems. Unlike the Charcoal typically found in a grill, Activated Charcoal is a carbonised, mineral-rich material that can adsorb more than 1,000 times its weight in positively-charged compounds.
Yes, you read that right: ADsorb! Unlike absorption, which is the entering of one substance by another, adsorption occurs when one substance adheres to the surface of another (think magnets). Charcoal is negatively-charged, so it attracts positively-charged compounds – such as deep-dwelling dirt and oil in the skin – to its surface..
Activated Charcoal, also called Activated Carbon, comes in many forms specific to many different uses. Dermalogica uses Activated Binchotan Charcoal, a special high-quality Charcoal made from Japanese Ubame Oak wood. This type of Charcoal is "activated" by an age-old process of extreme heating and rapid cooling, which yields millions of microscopic pores that are ideal for adsorbing impurities from the skin.
In hospital emergency rooms, food-grade Activated Charcoal is used to adsorb poisons from the body. Activated Charcoal is also used in regular household appliances, such as water filters, to remove or reduce chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste and odor from tap water.
In Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque, Activated Binchotan Charcoal is used to draw out excess oil and impurities from your pores, leaving you with brighter, purer skin.
Charcoal Rescue Masque also contains a variety of other ingredients such as Volcanic and Hot Spring Ash, Sea Silt, Bamboo Stem Extract, Sulfur and Chilean Wild Mint to provide additional skin health benefits.